GLCPS has a strict dress code for all students, which includes a uniform. All clothing must be sized appropriately. Pants, shorts, capri pants, and skirts must be worn at the waist. Shorts and Skirts must be knee length. Clothing should not be worn, frayed, or have rips/holes.
Violations of School Dress Code: Students will not be able to attend classes unless they are wearing the school uniform properly. If a student comes to school and is not wearing the school uniform as described, they will be sent to the Main Office. Parents and/or guardians will then be called and the appropriate clothing must be brought to school in order for the student to return to class. If the proper clothing is not brought to school, the parent/guardian will be called to pick up the student.
- School embroidered polo shirts in the colors burgundy or navy blue, are required and must be purchased at GLCPS
- White or light blue Oxford dress shirts with the school emblem (available for purchase through school)
- White or light blue Oxford dress shirts without the school emblem (available for purchase through many local stores)
- School short sleeve tee-shirts (burgundy and navy blue).
- Outerwear is encouraged for the colder months. Students are allowed to wear ONLY school embroidered sweaters, sweatshirts, fleece pullovers, fleece vests, track jackets and cardigans. The outerwear must be worn over a uniform top.
- Khaki OR school embroidered track pants in the colors of burgundy or navy blue purchased at GLCPS are required
- Pants must be worn at the waist and need to be sized appropriately (not too tight or too loose)
- NO khaki jogging pants
- NO jeans
- NO “skinny pants”
- NO “yoga pants" or "leggings” worn as pants
- school embroidered gym shorts, or;
- cotton blend khaki shorts
- Skirts (to the knee and must be worn at the waist. No cargo pockets):
- Tights or leggings worn under skirts must be school colors: burgundy, navy blue, black, grey or white
- Must have a closed back and toe
- Shoes or sneakers need to be tied or fastened
- NO heels are allowed
- NO flip flops or sandals of any kind are allowed
- NO slippers
- Students must wear sneakers to physical education classes or run risk of failing the class.
- NO hats or other headwear, including durags, beanies, etc. Bandanas should be worn as headbands to hold hair back only.
- Sunglasses or other non-prescription glasses are not to be worn in the building in any capacity.
- No ripped/frayed pants/shorts
- No inappropriate logos or messages
- No open-toed shoes
- Skirts, shorts and dresses must reach the knees
- Shirts and pants must be sized appropriately
- No pajamas
The school administration reserves the right to make a determination on whether a student is adhering to the rules of the school dress code policy.