The city of New Bedford and the larger region serve as our classroom outside of school walls, providing GLCPS students with unlimited learning opportunities. For example, our students:
- Engage in meaningful marine science activities by capitalizing on New Bedford’s resources such as the Community Boating Center, the Whaling Museum and the Working Waterfront;
- Visit Bridgewater State University (BSU) to utilize its science labs and learn lab skills from BSU professors and students;
- Job shadow Biotech and Science careers with Immugen Pharmaceuticals;
- Network with local business and key community leaders to engage students in special service programs and unique learning opportunities;
- Gain exposure to the city’s rich offerings in music and the arts through collaborations with the Zeiterion Theatre and others.