Fall 2023 Enrollment
For Students Entering Grade 5-10
We invite you and your child to apply for enrollment at the Global Learning Charter Public School (GLCPS). Open to New Bedford residents, GLCPS is a tuition-free public school that serves students in grades 5-12. We are accepting enrollment applications for student who will be entering grades 5-10 in August 2023.
GLCPS is a community-oriented school that strives to provide the highest quality education for your child. Our mission is to ensure that all of our students achieve academic excellence, are ready for the rigors of higher education, and master essential skills that prepare them for the economic, social and civic challenges of a 21st century, global society. We offer a college preparatory curriculum with a focus on technology and science. Children with special needs are gladly welcome at our school.
Enrollment at GLCPS is based upon a lottery system. In order to be eligible for the lottery, you must complete the Enrollment application. There are several options for submitting the completed application:
- Complete and submit the electronic form, along with proof of residency. Proof of residency includes a valid driver's license, a photocopy of a utility bill with name and address, or photo of any document with parent/guardian name and address.
- Download and print the application from our website, complete it and mail it, along with proof of residency
- Download and print the application from our website, complete it and fax it, along with proof of residency, and call the school to ensure the application has been received.
- Download and print the application from our website, complete it and hand deliver it with proof of residency
- Visit the school to obtain an application.
In order to be eligible for the 2023 lottery, you must complete the Enrollment Application, and submit, deliver or postmark no later than Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 4:30 PM.
If you submitted an application in a previous year, that application is no longer eligible. You must submit a new form each year.
If you are a parent of a child that currently attends GLCPS, please note that any sibling of that child has preference regarding enrollment, assuming that an opening exists in the appropriate grade level. The word "sibling" refers to persons who have a common parent, either biologically or legally through adoption.
The enrollment lottery will be held at the Global Learning Charter Public School on Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 6:00 PM.. Prospective families, along with the public are invited to attend, however you do not have to attend the lottery for your child to be accepted to the school.
Please fill out the Enrollment Application completely. If you need assistance or would like to know more about our school, please call us at 508-991-4105 and ask to speak with Adonis Ferreira, Director of Student, Family & Community Life. You may also email him at [email protected].