GLCPS Attendance Policy
Students are allowed a maximum of nine (9) days of unexcused absences per school year.
- Students are allowed a maximum of nine (9) days of unexcused absences per class period.
- GLCPS maintains the right to withhold credit or retain any student who exceeds nine (9) unexcused absences.
- When a student has accumulated three (3), six (6) and nine (9) days of absences from school, an Attendance Warning Letter will be sent to the family.
- When a student has accumulated more than six (6) days of absences, a member of the Attendance Team will contact the parent and a meeting will be scheduled to address the concerns and to develop a corrective action plan.
- GLCPS is required to report truancy to local authorities and legal sanctions may apply to parents who fail to ensure that their children attend school regularly.
- After three unexcused tardies, the student will be assigned a session of Saturday School.
- If the student does not attend Saturday School, three (3) tardy arrivals will count as one unexcused absence and the school will follow the Attendance Policy as outlined above.
Refer to the Student Handbook for more detailed information.