To offset this lost school time, there will be no April vacation. Teachers and students will continue lessons during the week of April 21st.
There will be no classes on Good Friday (April 10) and Patriots Day (April 20).
- Teachers, including Special Education and English Language Development teachers, are available to students between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- Teachers will continue to provide lessons remotely using Google classroom.
- Teachers will track and record student participation.
- Each teacher will determine which tools to use for lessons. Some teachers are using such online tools as Flipgrid, and real-time video instruction, such as Zoom.
- Provide GLCPS with an updated phone number and/or email address. A GLCPS staff member will be contacting you by phone from a private, or unidentified cell phone number over the next several days. Please take the time to speak to him/her. Additionally, we are regularly checking school voicemail and email messages, including the GLCPS general email account, email@example.com.
- Help your child maintain an appropriate workspace with limited distractions.
- Monitor your child’s participation and progress by asking him/her if they are completing assignments, participating in video calls, and communicating with their teachers.
- Be sure your child’s notebook computer is working properly. If it is not, you or your child must email Technology Director Mr. Stevens firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues.
- For the week of March 30th, students and staff will continue on the current schedule with lessons taking place between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm, M-F. Beginning on April 6th, students will be following an odd/even schedule between the hours of 9:00am - 12:00pm, M-F.
- Students (and/or parents) can contact the teacher via email and Remind with questions or concerns regarding assignments. Teachers will remain available throughout the school day between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- Classroom behavior rules will be in effect at all times.
- Students must demonstrate participation in order to earn credit.
- Students will be held accountable for schoolwork. Students should log in each day to view and complete assignments.
- Student assignments can be submitted at any time but must be submitted before the deadline which will be determined by the teacher.
We recognize that our families are undergoing difficult circumstances during this time, which is why our teachers and staff will remain as flexible and accessible as possible. We are currently exploring opportunities for students to improve assignments to demonstrate mastery for this current term. GLCPS’s overall goal is to provide the necessary support so students can continue their education and be prepared academically when we return to the school building.
We are in contact with the state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education on a regular basis and we will continue to keep you updated. Please know that this is a unique situation and changes can be made at any time.
We encourage you to visit the GLCPS website and stay tuned to our social media sites for additional communications.
Stay healthy and safe.
The GLCPS Administrative Team