There's still no power on the island. There's limited food, fuel, and cell service.
High school senior Carlos Rivera is spearheading the effort to include GLCPS in the relief effort. She has asked several classmates to help pack items being collected by United New Bedford.
GLCPS will be collecting items until Friday, October 6th as part of this drive. We will be collecting the following items:
- Lanterns and Flashlights
- Towels, Blankets and Sheets
- Non-Perishable Food (canned goods, packaged food)
- Powdered Milk
- Personal Hygiene Products for Men, Women and Children
- Baby Wipes, Food, Formula, and Diapers
- Adult Diapers
- Toilet Paper and Wipes
- Antibiotics (cream) and First Aid Kits
- Motrin and Tylenol for Adults and Children
- Bug Spray
All items can be dropped off at the Main Campus, 190 Ashley Blvd, New Bedford, MA 02746